Hilliard Legal Separation Attorney

Thousands of Clients Handled

A complaint for legal separation is different than a complaint for divorce or a petition for dissolution. Just as in a divorce, a court will enter an order dividing assets and liabilities and ordering payment or non-payment of support, if applicable, but the parties are still married. The responding party in a legal separation may counterclaim with a complaint for divorce.

At Dailey Law Offices, our Hilliard legal separation lawyer has everything you need to handle these cases with efficiency for your divorce in Franklin County and beyond.

The grounds for a legal separation are the same as those for a divorce in Ohio and include the following:

  • Either spouse had another living husband or wife living at the time of the marriage
  • There was a willful absence for at least a year
  • There was adultery or cruelty
  • The marriage was entered via a fraudulent contract
  • There was a neglect of duty
  • One of the spouses was or is imprisoned
  • Both spouses have lived apart for a year
  • There in incompatibility between the spouses

There are many reasons why a couple may want a legal separation but still want to remain married, including but certainly not limited to marital problems that one or both parties hope may eventually be resolved, for insurance purposes, etc.

If you think that you may need a legal separation call Dailey Law Offices’ experienced Hilliard legal separation attorney today at (614) 524-4048 for an initial consultation.


  • Dailey Law Offices We couldn't be more happy with Dailey Law Offices.
  • Dailey Law Offices Columbus bankruptcy attorneys are not all the same!
  • Dailey Law Offices "Stephanie was great helping me get through my divorce"
Prev Next

Affordable & Effective Legal Representation

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Turn to Dailey Law Offices