Hilliard Pre-Nuptial Agreement Lawyer
Protecting Both Parties' Property Before the Marriage Begins
A pre-nuptial agreement is an agreement entered into between two parties prior to their marriage determining what sort of property division there will be in the event of a divorce. When a couple schedules a consult to discuss a pre-nuptial agreement, one party usually either has a considerably higher income, or a significantly higher value of assets than the other party and wants to protect those assets or income in the event of a divorce in the future.
Let our Hilliard pre-nuptial agreement attorney help you handle these issues! We can handle cases from Franklin County, including Dublin, Columbus, and beyond.
These agreements can cover a wide variety of topics, which may include:
- Each person's right to property, which is owned as a couple or individually
- The proper division of assets in the event of death or divorce
- A succession plan in the event of death or divorce
- The rights of each spouse to use, transfer, or sell property during the marriage
- The rights of each spouse to inheritances or gifts given to the other spouse
- The amount and duration of alimony requirements, if applicable
- The right for either spouse to be a beneficiary on the other's insurance policy in the event of their death
Contact Dailey Law Offices at (614) 524-4048 to speak to a Hilliard pre-nuptial agreement lawyer and find out whether or not you need a pre-nuptial agreement and what may be covered in a pre-nuptial agreement.