Hilliard, OH Estate Planning Lawyer
Hilliard, OH Estate Planning Lawyer
Choosing to take the first step of creating an estate plan may seem like a daunting task, but the importance of being proactive in this important decision cannot be overstated. Working with our skilled Hilliard estate planning lawyer to craft a comprehensive estate plan not only ensures that your wishes are clearly articulated but also provides a roadmap for the distribution of your assets.
By dedicating time to this process now, you gain the power to make informed decisions about your financial affairs, healthcare preferences, and the guardianship of your dependents. At Dailey Law Offices, we take the time to answer your questions and thoroughly explain your options, as well as their implications for your and your family’s future. Call today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how we can serve you!
What Does An Estate Plan Entail?
Essentially, an estate plan is all of the legal documents that determine how your estate (all of the money and property you own) will be managed throughout your life and passed on after your death. Additionally, estate plans can speak to other critical matters that may arise in the event of a tragedy that leads to your unexpected death or incapacitation, such as who the guardian of your minor children is and your preferences for the type of healthcare that is used to treat you.
Estate plans are highly customizable, but at the minimum, our experienced Hilliard estate planning attorney recommends having:
- A will
- A trust (or a combination of several trusts)
- A living will (or advance healthcare directives)
- Guardianship designations
- Power of attorney
- Beneficiary designations
What Are The Advantages Of Having An Estate Plan?
A comprehensive estate plan offers numerous advantages, but there are three that impact you and your family the greatest:
- Estate plans clearly express your wishes – through these carefully crafted legal documents, your instructions and preferences can be explicitly expressed. This means there will be little room for dispute or for deviating from your direction, whether that be in court or amongst your family.
- Estate plans keep you in charge – your life, future, and financial resources are uniquely yours, and a well-crafted estate plan ensures that you retain control over the decision-making process.
- Estate plans protect your family from legal complications – with these documents, those you love most will be shielded from stressful legal dilemmas like probate (which is incredibly time-consuming and expensive), which can open the door for other potential challenges such as will contests, lawsuit, and family disputes
Why Choose Our Hillard Estate Planning Lawyer?
Creating an estate plan is often complex and deeply personal. It can be difficult for many people to have to consider a future that they are not a part of. However, you can trust our compassionate Hilliard estate planning attorney to treat you with the utmost consideration.
Unfortunately, many people fall victim to advertisements of “DIY” estate plans that can be downloaded from the internet and completed at home, without the assistance of an attorney. These documents are usually generic in nature and not in compliance with a specific state’s laws, which render them useless in the eyes of a judge. Our lead attorney is well-versed in Ohio laws, which are always changing and could have an impact on your case. Working with Dailey Law Offices gives you peace of mind that your legal documents are legally compliant and will be seen as legitimate in the eyes of the court.
Contact Dailey Law Offices Today To Take The First Step!
No one is promised tomorrow! There are likely a million reasons you can find to put off creating an estate plan, but by doing so, you might simply run out of time. Call our dedicated Hilliard estate planning lawyer today to schedule your free consultation and get started now!
Contact Our Offices
"*" indicates required fields